Thursday, February 16, 2012
20 Questions with Eric Hedlin
Photo credit: www.deannamccollum.com
Club: Island Swimming/National Green
Coach: Aaron Dahl
Best Event: 1500 Freestyle
1) At what age did you start swimming?
I was 8 years old.
2) What was your favorite stroke or event as a 12 & under swimmer?
3) What is your very first memorable swimming moment?
“Junior Olympics” when I was 10. That was my breakthrough meet.
4) Who is the person you think helped you most along the way?
My dad. He took care of me a lot
5) Who is your favorite athlete?
6) What would you be doing if you weren’t a competitive swimmer?
I would play baseball.
7) What keeps you motivated day to train hard each day?
I love to compete.
8) How do you push yourself during a hard workout when you are tired or sore?
Thinking about my goals
9) What is the secret to balancing school and training?
I don’t really spend a lot of time doing school work.
10) What is your favourite activity outside of sport?
11) What is your favourite post-workout snack?
12) Who is your favourite band/singer?
13) What is your favourite TV show , movie or both?
14) How do you prepare yourself mentally for a race?
Imagining the race beforehand
15) Do you have any pre-race rituals?
16) Do you have a favourite pre-meet meal?
17) What do you feel is your Career highlight so far?
My 15:17(1500 free) in Maui at the Junior Pan Pacs.
18) What are your goals for the future in the sport of swimming?
I want to break 15 minutes in the 1500 free.
19) What is something that most people wouldn’t know about you?
I love dogs
20) What advice do you wish someone had given you as a young age group swimmer?
Anyone can succeed.
If you have any other questions for Eric, please post them under comments and we will get him to answer them for you.