Thursday, February 16, 2012

20 Questions with Eric Hedlin



Photo credit: www.deannamccollum.com

Club: Island Swimming/National Green
Coach: Aaron Dahl
Age: 18
Height: 6’1”
Best Event: 1500 Freestyle


1) At what age did you start swimming?
I was 8 years old.


2) What was your favorite stroke or event as a 12 & under swimmer?
Individual Medley

3) What is your very first memorable swimming moment?
“Junior Olympics” when I was 10. That was my breakthrough meet.


4) Who is the person you think helped you most along the way?
My dad. He took care of me a lot


5) Who is your favorite athlete?
Lance Armstrong


6) What would you be doing if you weren’t a competitive swimmer?
I would play baseball.


7) What keeps you motivated day to train hard each day?
I love to compete.


8) How do you push yourself during a hard workout when you are tired or sore?
Thinking about my goals


9) What is the secret to balancing school and training?
I don’t really spend a lot of time doing school work.


10) What is your favourite activity outside of sport?
Airsofting


11) What is your favourite post-workout snack?
Spaghetti


12) Who is your favourite band/singer?
Wiz Khalifa


13) What is your favourite TV show , movie or both?
The Office


14) How do you prepare yourself mentally for a race?
Imagining the race beforehand


15) Do you have any pre-race rituals?
Just stretching/focusing


16) Do you have a favourite pre-meet meal?
Spaghetti


17) What do you feel is your Career highlight so far?
My 15:17(1500 free) in Maui at the Junior Pan Pacs.


18) What are your goals for the future in the sport of swimming?
I want to break 15 minutes in the 1500 free.

19) What is something that most people wouldn’t know about you?
I love dogs


20) What advice do you wish someone had given you as a young age group swimmer?
Anyone can succeed.

If you have any other questions for Eric, please post them under comments and we will get him to answer them for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment