Saturday, July 10, 2010

Island Swimming in 2nd Place after Day 2 of Provincials


After day 2 of Provincials, we are sitting in 2nd place behind the Vancouver Pacific Swim Club by only 121 points. That is not too far out of reach.

I am not at the meet but have heard from some parents that the heat inside the pool is equal to the heat outside. So, it is making for some very grumpy parents and likely presenting a challenge for our swimmers who don't often have to contend with 30-35 degree weather.

I am including a photo that was sent to me by Ron Ogden (thanks Ron). If you are at the meet and have some photos you would like to share on this blog, either email me to set you up to contribute to the blog or email me some photos and I will add them for you. Please contact me at akentpowell@gmail.com. Any member of Island Swimming is welcome to contribute...parents, coaches or even swimmers.

Thanks,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment